Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a secure sign-in process that combines something you know (your password) with something you have (your phone).
Two-factor authentication helps protect your account by making it more difficult for someone trying to sign in to your email account. It uses two forms of identity: your password and an authentication code generated using an Authenticator application.
So even if someone gets access to your password, they'll be prevented from logging into your account as they don't have access to your authentication code.
Recommended Authenticator applications
After installing one of the recommended authenticator applications on your preferred authenticator application, you can configure two-factor authentication.
- Install an authenticator app
- Your email address
- Email account password
Configure two-factor authentication
- Sign in to Webmail
- Select the app selector (top left of screen)
- Select Settings
- Select Accounts
- Select ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA)
- Either scan the QR code on your compatible authentication app or select enter key manually instead
- Enter the code that is produced into your compatible authentication app
- Your authenticator app will produce a 6 digit code. Enter this code into the Enter 2FA security code field and then select CONFIRM